Public Health Initiative
HEC’s Public-Health Initiative (PHI) brings together policy, education and organizing to achieve health equity. It promotes Health in All Policies and organizes with the community to improve social equity which builds health equity. PHI is funded through a partnership with the City of Albuquerque (CoA) with a goal to increase public health in CoA policy development and decision making.
Within PHI the Health-Equity Council 1) researches and provides public-health policy, program and environment recommendations to the City of Albuquerque, 2) builds and facilitates public-health education including stress resiliency, healthy masculinity and public health 101, 3) supports CoA interdepartmental collaboration for public health, and 4) organizes across the city to promote social equity.
Policy One-Pager Links
- Asthma a Public Health Response
- Asthma and Air Quality
- Beyond COVID19 with Equity
- Community Violence and Health
- Establishing Safe Consumption Sites
- Heart times Call for Hard Measures
- Hunger and Food Equity
- Law Enforcement Violence
- Poverty Reduction Lessons from COVID-19
- Raising Minimum Wage and Public Health
- Serving Albuquerque’s Unhoused
- Voting and Health